- Costa Rica(3)
- New Zealand(1)
- Republic of Korea (South Korea)(1)
- Russian Federation(1)
- South Africa(1)
- Sri Lanka(2)
- United States of America(2)
100% Water Recycling System in Shrimp ProductionPhetcfhaburi , Thailand
Business ManagementLocated in Phetcfhaburi province, approximately 160km southwest from Bangkok, Ms. Nitaya’s eco-friendly shrimp farm covers about 320,000m2 with 6 cultivation ponds (completely covered with plastic sheets) of 0.5ha each.
Besides cultivation ponds, it also has a nursery where larvae are grown until they weight 1g, which is when they are ready to be moved into cultivation ponds.
Ms. Nitaya’s farm grows Vannamei shrimp without using antibiotics and production is approximately of 160-170 tons/year harvested all year round.
EMRO Asia, our partner in Thailand, is working in joint project with Ms. Nitaya to establish a safe and enviromental friendly production system applying EM Technology.
EM ApplicationWhat distinguishes Ms. Nitaya's farm especially from other conventional farms is:
- EM Technology is applied to control water quality and settle a closed water recycling purification system for replacing the ponds' water.
- Shrimps grown at this farm are safe, free of antibiotics and additives.
- Shrimp production is strictly controlled by a Senior technical officer dispatched from EM Research Organization in Japan to EMRO Asia.
Effects and ResultsMs. Nitaya’s farm achieved a 100% closed water recycling system with EM Technology and even prevents risks from external shrimp infections.
This achievement means environmental pollution-free and land destruction-free model farm.
EM Shrimp in JapanEM shrimp grown at Nitaya’s farm is also imported to Japan and sold under the brand name “Yui no ebi”. No additives nor antioxidants are used during freezing process so they are completely safe.
It is also available at EM Wellness Resort Costa Vista Okinawa Hotel & Spa’s shop and restaurant.
EM Shrimp ‘Yui no ebi” Promotional Video (Japanese only)